Thursday, November 11, 2010

The Update So Far...

I know it's been a while since I last posted but things have been a little bit crazy around here. Jo Jo is now loving the first grade and she seems to have made many new friends. This is a huge step for her because she is such a shy little bug and usually it takes her a while to open up. We were a little concerned because she has a hard time connecting with one adult and this year her class has 2 teachers but they have seemed to crack her little shell and love having the chance to get to know who she is. She had her parent teacher conference yesterday and they told me that she is doing really well. Her reading level is slightly above average and she is right on track with her grade level with everything else. Needless to say we are very proud of our little bean.
Gabbi had her parent teacher conference yesterday as well. Her teachers had nothing but good things to say about her so far which is a huge change from mid terms. there were some isssues with bullies and her being one as a result but with persistant calls and action from me we finally got that straightened out and she has been able to refocus herself. Her reading level is way above her grade level but that has always been that way for her since she first learned to read. We are so very proud of her for it. She is such a great roll model for her younger siblings as well.
Ryker just had his 4th birthday last week and he absolutely loved it! He got so many gifts he didn't know what to play with first. He finally settled on his nerf guns and all heck broke loose as he declaired war on all the people at his party. by the end of the night nerf darts were scattered from here to there and it took about 15 minutes for us to round them all up but it was so very worth it.
Katy is almost here. We are going into the doctor for non stress tests twice a week now to keep the progress up to date and keep checking her so that we can make sure that she isn't getting too big with this gestational diabetes. So far so good though. we are up to taking 1000 mg of metformin in the morning and 1000 mg at night but it is keeping the sugar levels where they need to be so i won't be needing the insulin shots yet. I am at 34 weeks now almost 35.
some days it seems like i have been pregnant forever. I went into a maverick today and the cashier said to me, " You're still pregnant??" lol that didn't help at all.
Other days it seems like i just found out we were having another little one coming into our blessed family. I am at the real uncomfortable stage of the pregnancy where she is out of room but not dropped enough to give my ribs or lungs any break so it hurts to walk, sit or breathe. I am trying to look at this in a possitive light but it completely freaks me out right now. I am emotionally ready for her to come but I feel i have so much more to do before she arrives. I need to find arrangements for my other kids when i go into labor, in case i go in before we are scheduled. I need to make arrangements for them to get to and from school if they are still in and to be watched while Ricky is working. I need to fix up her bassenette, wash up the sheets and clothes pack a bag for the two of us and get a list together of the contacts i will need to get a hold of when she arrives. I need to get my house in order and write up a letter to my husband explaining where things are and what the routine is while he is not here.
for these few reasons I am glad I have a little more time to prepare.
Ricky is working now and has been for about 2 months! YAY!!! it was getting scary there for a while. He is also going to school full time to become an accountant. With the schedule he works and his work schedule he is so exhausted by the weekends that he macromeshes into the couch by Sunday evening. He keeps reminding his self that in 4 years all this will have been worth it. we will have a more steady job to fall back on or even further it will just be a long 4 years.
well this is all for now but I will try to keep up on this better.

No comments:

Post a Comment